Friday, October 22, 2021

Relationship with Technology

 


    Relationship with Technology - 

Technology is something I feel like can be a love-hate relationship with some people, it can be extremely helpful and useful at times but also can turn into your worst enemy the next. It all depends on what kind of path you want it to take you on, good or bad. Whatever gets put on social media will stay on there forever and it could haunt you for the rest of your life. That is something that has always been emphasized to me, you always have to be careful of what you put out on the internet. It can not only hurt others but yourself as well everything that is put out there matters since it can always be traced back. But if you use it for good purposes then technology can be such a great thing. 


Like I said before there can be a lot of bad in technology, with kids bullying kids people cat fishing other people and lastly a lot of misinformation getting put out there. So it can be very frustrating to use technology and being able to trust it at some points. Especially with kids, when we let kids get a hold of the internet it can lead to bad things happening such as cyberbullying. 37% of 12 to 17 year old kids have been bullied online at least once, which is actually lower than I thought it would be but definitely higher than it should be. Kids shouldn’t be worried or nervous about going on the internet and having the feeling they are going to be bullied. It should be a positive place for everyone for learning and entertainment. 




With there being a lot of bad with technology it also has some good moments as well, people everyday use technology to live their everyday lives such as going to school, work etc. In January of 2021 4.6 billion people were active internet users which is 59% of the global population. It is pretty amazing that all of these people use the internet and other forms of technology on a daily basis, whether that be writing a paper, online shopping or texting and catching up with friends that all require technology. I know for me my life is surrounded by technology, with my phone, laptop and other devices I have I am always on them doing things. This is probably bad to say but I have become so dependent with technology I could probably not live without it at this point. Personally it has changed my life for the better and has definitely helped me a lot. 


The way society seems to be moving it seems to be technology heavy especially with Covid 19 and having everything shut down we have relied on technology to keep our daily lives moving. 87% of people in America moved to technology as their new normal, which is ¾ of the population having to adjust relying on technology for them to keep going with their daily lives. That was something I had to work on personally. I wasn't used to staring at screens all day and I would get headaches a lot more, and it changed things technology wise. It is crazy how much we have learned to adapt and learn just because of technology it is just mind blowing the direction it is going. 



I feel like I have learned a lot of technology over the past couple of months, the good, bad and everything in between. It has definitely changed the way I look at it and how I use it with all of the information that I’ve learned. You always have to be careful what you put out because it will always stay with you forever which is something to think about when leaving your “Online Footprint”. What you want the world to see of you and how you represent yourself because it is always important and for sure something I always think about. Something that should always be taken seriously.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Relationship with Technology

      Relationship with Technology -  Technology is something I feel like can be a love-hate relationship with some people, it can be extr...