Saturday, September 18, 2021

Privacy

 

Privacy- 

         While I was watching the Ted Talk videos there were a lot of things that stuck out to me that I have never thought about before revolving around privacy, there are some people that like more privacy then there are others who don't really care. For example my dad is the type of person who doesn't want people to know where he is, he isn't on any social media and likes to live a private life when he can. While other members in our family post about everything and anything and live more of an open life, so watching the Ted Talk about tattoos and how social media and anything you put out there is like a tattoo was really interesting to me. No one in my family are tattoo people so to hear that posting things on social media and whatever you send to people are like a tattoo was definitely an eye opener and made me more aware of things that I put out there because like the video states once it is out there it's there forever. I became aware that it is very easy for people to get our information, once it is in the wrong hands it could be game over for us because they will have everything. After doing some of my own research I found an article that claims that 60% of the apps delisted from the app store don't have a privacy policy which means that they could have any of our information if they wanted. 


    Personally I think the government should be doing something about that because aren't they suppose to keep us safe and "protect" us, they need to be keeping a better eye on companies like that to make sure they aren't using their company for bad and just taking people's personal info. These videos have definitely made me reason that I should be doing a better job at what I am putting in my phone or on social media, I have always been good at watching what I post but I never realized that when I online shop or order food online that they have my credit card information which could lead to my personal information. Overall watching these have made me more aware of how little privacy we have when we put our whole lives on technology whether it be social media or just on our phones. They are always watching us and everything we do. 
    


No comments:

Post a Comment

Relationship with Technology

      Relationship with Technology -  Technology is something I feel like can be a love-hate relationship with some people, it can be extr...