Wednesday, August 25, 2021

My Top Five Sources of News and Information

 My Top Five Sources of News - 


   With everything that has been going in the world over the past 18 years, I have made sure to keep up with it so I always am up to date with the latest information going on globally and nationally. Whether it being what's going on with the latest celebrities, political issues going on in the world or checking in on my favorite influencer. I make sure that I use different sources for different topics because I know I can't get all of that information on the same news station. Plus it gives me the opportunity to explore other websites and experience what they have to offer, and help me open my mind instead of being dead set on just one news source. 



Fox News - 

      As I was growing up my dad would always have Fox News on our TVs, so when the pandemic hit it turned into my go to station to get all the latest covid, political and international news. Since I have started watching Fox News I have noticed that they always have up to date news either on their TV station or in their websites, as well as sometimes having live coverage on certain events going on. Even though there are some news sources that tend to put out false information, I believe that Fox is always looking out the best for their viewers and provides everyone with reliable information that can keep the country up to date.


 

Buzzfeed News - 

        Recently I have been getting more into Buzzfeed News I've never really considered it a popular source, until I would be on my computer looking multiple things up and Buzzfeed would be a source that pops up. Which got me interested and led me going more in depth finding that they have just about everything on the website, I have found it makes a good back up source. Just so you can get reassurance on a hot topic, if I see it on one source it's nice to the same topic on a different source. This is popular for a lot of people to do to check to see if it is false information or not, and I have noticed that Buzzfeed news has turned into the source that I use the most to double check the facts given. It is also fun to go onto the social Buzzfeed and take the quizzes and find out what the latest trends are. 


E News - 

     Like I said before I like to have different news sources for different topics, well who doesn't like to keep up with all the celebrity drama because I know I do. To do that I always go to E News, in that world it can be easy for rumors to be started especially if that celebrity likes to keep a private life. So I try not to believe everything that I hear from just random stations, and go to a reliable source such as E News. They always have the latest on their website regarding all different types of celebrities and what is going on in there life, such as Ed Asner (Pixar's UP star) died at 91 or Kourtney Kardashian madly in love with Travis Barker. That might have been news you could find anywhere but I know that when I look at E news it is real information that a reporter has gone out and gotten, so it is a source that I trust. 


Instagram -  

    A lot of people probably consider Instagram just another social media platform for them to post and see pictures but I see it as much more, I look at it as another news source. It's not a source that I can look at everything though, when I check on instagram news I only use it to keep up to date with influencers. Such as what products they are promoting and what kind of discount codes I can get when I shop with them, you can't always see that on any other source. It is also a way for me to stay connected with family and friends that don't live by me, it helps me stay connected in their lives especially if I can't talk to them everyday. Even though it isn't the most reliable way to receive information and can be an easier way to put out false news, it can still be a good way to keep up with certain topics that are put out by down to earth people promoting something that they can trust. Which is why I love looking at instagram so I can stay in the loop with that information too. 

People - 

    Lastly the last news source that I like to keep up with is People  Magazine they are similar to E News with posting about celebrities and what they are up too, but I would consider People a more positive family friendly source rather than E news. On People you can always find articles about celebrities families that are always fun to read, whether it be about their kids or spouses it helps gives you a bit of perspective that they have lives outside of their career. I know that I can trust this source as well because if I were to go to that celebrity's social media accounts I can find them reposting the article, and promoting it which is also good to see. This is always a fun source to look at, even with serious topics and news, People always does a good job of reporting it and making it enjoyable to read. 









 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Relationship with Technology

      Relationship with Technology -  Technology is something I feel like can be a love-hate relationship with some people, it can be extr...